Monday, 12 August 2013

Uliq (La Coruña)

Ladies and gents, I return to your internets - holidays, injury and wedding plans have distracted me but most importantly I have more Juggers stories to share with you.

Also, if anyone has stories to share about the recent big tournaments I would love to hear them - especially about the IV Spanish cup or the Hamburg and Berlin tournaments held recently in Germany. I like many others have not yet found that endless supply of money that would mean we could go and see these tournaments in person so please share your stories :)

So now on with the latest interview, Uliq of Spain!



Photo: C/- Uliq
The Person

What...is your name?
Borja "uliq" 

What...is your quest?
Meet people and travel a lot.

What...is your favourite colour?
Green or Black 


Right, off you go.

Let’s hear some more about you


What year did you appear on our glorious little planet 
I was born in 1989

What Country / City are you from and where do you play?
I´m from Spain, I play in two cities, La Coruña and Madrid

When and how were you introduced to Jugger?
I started in 2009 into a LARP in Monzón (Huesca, Spain)


What is your Sporting background before starting Jugger?
Has Jugger had an influence on your interest in Sports and fitness?
I have played Basket and fencing. I was always interesed in sports

We all know that Jugger is the centre of the universe but some people persist in having interests outside of Jugger, so what do you do for fun when there isn’t a Jugger game available?
Fencing, running, swimming, climbing, and a long long etc.xD

Photo: C/- Uliq


The Game
How would you describe Jugger (as in game play) to someone in three sentences or less?
Sport, strategy and challenges


Photo: C/- Uliq
What is your favourite part of the game / position on the field / weapon? 
In relation to that which weapon do most enjoy going up against, which weapon do you least enjoy going against, and why?
My favourite part, the strategy, my position "ketteman"
I hate Stabs, they´re weapons from  hell
*for those unfamiliar with the term "Ketteman" is the Chain player, Kette from the German game --The Editor

If you could add/change/remove any rule what would it be, and why?
I´ll add german doubles because it make a more dynamic game. And I remove the pen weapons ("armas pluma"); they're saturation weapon which hide the absence of level

*Uliq explained "Armas pluma" to me - a kind of weapon that some Spanish players use, they´re very very VERY thin and fast. It doesn´t serve to stop knocking by their own weight. Often these weapons are used by people of the south zone. their attack is based on saturation, not in player quality.
So light fast weapon that sounds incredibly painful to block -- The Editor


What is it about Jugger that keeps you coming back?
The people that I meet there.

Where would you like to go to see Jugger Played?
Buf, a lot of countries, Germany ( again ) , Australia or Ireland.
Geographically Australia is the other side of the world, I think that I can´t go further
*Hop on a plane, we will welcome you with open arms... and pompfen  --The Editor

The Experience
What is your favourite Jugger story?
With my friend Gnomo before being teammates:
Both launched the chain; we dodge the enemy chain but Gnomo jump his own chain and hit me. I kneel asking for a photo of that xD


Why did you pick your team to join? 
Photo: C/- Uliq
What makes your team special?
I founded SCM when my old team lost its unity. My teammates make SCM special


BONUS QUESTION SECTION
 If you could sit down for 5 minutes with a jugger you have never met what would you ask them / want to know?
What weapon you use? I have five minutes, a fight?

Which sports person/celebrity/fiction character would you most like to see play Jugger and why?
Scorpio from Mortal Kombat, he should be one of the better kettemen in history xD

Aluku, paid the cocaine!! ( Spanish joke ), spanish guys know that I want to say xD

Meanwhile in an alternate universe...


Mechanised Jugger!

Photo: Kelli


No comments:

Post a Comment